Monday, November 10, 2008

Spring 2003 B-R-E-A-T-H-E


March, April May 2003 Update: Where does the time go??? I have been trying to keep the "bare bones" of the site going...the calendar, quotes, and saints info current but haven't been able to really sit down and write an update about what has been going on with me. A lot of it is that I figure...who wants to hear about me??? Then I will get a flurry of emails from my wonderful cyber friends who keep track of me and who pray for me and who want to know WHAT is up?? Also, I have to remember that there are lots of people who do NOT send me emails but who may be inspired by something so I have to continue to try update. It is hard, though. Sometimes I feel like all I have to report is bad news but I just reread my entries and overall I think I try to end with a positive note and that is pretty much how I try to live my life so I guess that is good.Anyway, the past few months I have been dealing with lots of infections, fatigue, and just trying to recover from the hip replacement. I am getting around a lot better though but with all of the infections, etc...I still can not get OUT and about very much. Also, I am still on the oxygen 24/7 which is a major pain but, hey, I am not complaining...I like BREATHING...LOL!!!Tom & I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. For a lot of people we know, 10 years is NOTHING!!! Ha ha!! However, for a couple struggling with chronic illness, 10 years is an achievement!! We both are very proud of our marriage. We feel that we have only grown closer because of this illness and also we are so grateful (yes I said grateful) because we know that my illness made us turn back to God and made faith become the center of our lives.Prayer brought Tom into my life and prayer brought me into Tom's life...it's true. Prayer is such a powerful thing. Prayer is the greatest gift we can give one another. Tom says that prayer actually relaxes him. Try it. Pray for someone who is hurting. Pray for someone you love. Pray for someone who you may be angry with...just pray :)Until next time...gentle hugs and prayers your way,Shelley

0 comments:

 
Template by Divalicious Designs