Monday, November 10, 2008

October 2004 Where Does the Time Go?


Greetings Everyone:
Again, where has the time gone? It seems like every year just goes by at warp speed. Wasn't just yesterday Christmas? It feels like it.
Oh well, here it is Fall again. I love this time of year. It is my favorite season. I really love it. I am a PUMPKIN LOVER!! I love autumn leaves. I really think I like ANYTHING to do with the whole FALL "scene". Although I never really enjoyed the dressing up part of Halloween, I always enjoyed the pumpkin part of it. Except of course, my pumpkins were always HAPPY pumpkins...never scary or ugly. HA ha! Then right after Halloween was over, the countdown to Thanksgiving was on. Then it was a quick sleigh ride to Christmas and New Years.
All of these holidays bring back such wonderful memories. Are there Christmas traditions that you still keep in your family? If not, why not blow off some nostalgia dust, and bring some traditions back to life?
The holidays are the perfect time to reach out to one another. I know, I know...It's only October now...but before we know it...the "Season" will be upon us so at least...think about it.
One more important thing, please remember to vote in November! Your vote IS important! Make sure you also review any measures or initiatives that are up for approval. Be an informed voter.
Lastly, remember...smile at someone...just because...you might change someone's life (truly) just by giving that person a SMILE!!!! Be polite....open the door for someone who may not be able to do it herself. She will be very grateful. (After all, wouldn't you want someone to open the door for YOUR grandmother, your sister, your mother, aunt etc??) The bottom line is that you will feel really good inside just for doing something so darn simple...things we should do more of without even thinking of it...but that's for another day....LOL!
Until next time, take care of yourselves.
Gentle hugs,
Shelley

0 comments:

 
Template by Divalicious Designs