Monday, November 10, 2008

March 2002 Thankful for all blessings..even suffering!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to update my site. I have had several major health issues to deal with since November. So many of you have sent me wonderful emails and guestbook messages of concern and prayer. As I have said to everyone who says that they will pray for me, prayer is the BEST gift to give or receiveDuring the past few months, I have been too sick to work on my website and my website is something that really helps to not only distract me from my pain...but it just fills my soul spiritually. My hope is that just ONE person who stops by my website each day will attend Mass or church, pray the rosary for the first time or go to an RCIA meeting to learn more about the Catholic Church. I hope that someone will be inspired to read about the Saints or perhaps plan a visit to Lourdes. Maybe someone will pick up a bible (hey, I think it is the most AWESOME book around and I LOVE to read....I definitely would take my bible if I was going to be on a desert island and could only take ONE book....the bible has it ALL!Easter is coming as we celebrate this last week of March...the holiest week of the Christian calendar. May the Lord Bless all of you! Reach out to someone this week...donate clothing or food for the homeless in your area. Be thankful for all of the blessings that God has given you!We all have crosses to bear...we all suffer. Perhaps, you do not suffer physically but maybe you suffer emotionally, financially, spiritually. People always ask me...how can you handle all of your health problems?? First of all, I must admit that I am not always optimistic and I definitely have my "moments"....however, my faith in God and the support of my loving husband, family, and friends help me get over the rough spots.I truly believe that it is harder for the people who love me to deal with all of this pain than it is for me to actually experience it. Does that make any sense??I suppose I should update my health situation. My vision continues to get worse. All the docs can say is that they believe it is from an autoimmune disease but they really can't say which disease. I had to have a hip replaced due to avascular necrosis (which means dead bone) which is caused by long term high doses of steroids. I still have to be on the oxygen 24/7.....and lately have been getting these horrendous nose bleeds (I had to be hospitalized in Feb. because it was so bad) I have been hospitalized five times in the past year....I am really sick of being in the hospital....and although I have a wonderful group of docs....I am SICK of seeing doctors!!! :(As always, I look forward to your emails and guestbook signings. Hopefully, I will be able to work on my website and have some new content. I have had a few months to think of all the things I want to include on my website so please check back often.Until next time.....Shelley

0 comments:

 
Template by Divalicious Designs