Sunday, November 9, 2008

May 2001 Blessings, Blessings, Blessings

Blessings to you! May was a rough month physically for me. I was admitted into the hospital (again) Thankfully, due to my husband's quick thinking and by the Grace of God....I am alive. Apparently, I was headed for a coma due to lack of oxygen because of all of the swelling I have due to the steroids. I know my angels were once again watching over me. It has been hard, though, because now I have to be on oxygen 24/7 and also I am diabetic now because of the steroids and have to take insulin injections. As I taper off the steroids, I get more fatigued and with the added chemo that I am taking...well, let's just say that I am VERY TIRED! Unfortunately, this means that I can not work on my website and my website truly keeps me going each day.
Anyway, back to Blessings. People look at me sometimes like I am crazy when I say that I am very blessed. They think...how can she possibly be BLESSED when she is so very ill...but I am blessed because through my illness I have gotten closer to God...my husband...my friends. I have learned how to be patient...I have learned not to "sweat the small stuff..and it is ALL small stuff..." I have learned to appreciate the gentle breeze on my face and THANK GOD that I am alive to feel it. Take a moment today to count your blessings.....
Until next month....be kind to one another...
Gentle hugs,
Shelley

0 comments:

 
Template by Divalicious Designs