Saturday, February 6, 2010

Quick Check In


Just wanted to check in with everyone. I know that it has been a while but my brain just hasn't been working right which really makes it difficult to write. I want to thank all of you who have taken the time to write me emails to check in with me. Your thoughts and prayers have helped get me through the past few months. Nothing really major is going on with my brain--well--there is a cyst in my brain but the neuro said that it is not a big deal--but the past six months I have had an increase in headaches and some vision problems. I go to see the eye doctor next week so I am really just waiting to see what her feeling is. My feeling is that I don't think this latest flareup is related at all to my lupus because it is not responding at all to steroids or any of my chemo meds. Usually when I take a "blast" of steroids--my headaches will go away--but these headaches have not. Also, I have been having a lot of trouble with memory loss and cognitive function--just stringing together sentences that make sense--which again is why I haven't really been posting much. However today is a good day so I am happy for that. I saw my kidney doc who was worried that I may be "Septic"--which basically means that I have an infection that has taken over my whole body because my immune system is so shot. If I was running a temp in the office, I was going to have to be admitted immediately--THANKFULLY...I wasn't running a fever. I haven't been able to get to church barely at all the past few months. I was able to get to Christmas Mass. I just have to try and make it my goal--and be happy when I DO make it. I figure, right now, with all of the cold and flu going around--it is just as well that I am staying home--but still--I miss going.


Well--that's all for now. As always--I believe in the power of prayer. It is the greatest gift we can give to one another.


Gentle hugs,







1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Shelly,
I am so glad you checked in! I think of you frequently and am so sorry to hear that you have been having such troubles. I will pray that the doctors have the wisdom to find the answers you need.
Gentle hugs back!
LT

 
Template by Divalicious Designs