Sunday, February 15, 2009

Quotable Sunday #2


I LOVE quotations. I write them down as I read a book or magazine. I have little bits and pieces of quotations all over the place. Here are a couple for this week. They range from Eleanor Roosevelt to Winton Churchill to Victor Hugo to "Author Unknown". Hope these quotes inspire you and touch as they did for me.



No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

-Eleanor Roosevelt



A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget me nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts--not on marble.

-Charles Spurgeon



It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

-Author Unknown



By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach.

-Winston Churchill





Be like the bird that,

pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight,

feels them give way beneath her,

and yet sings,

knowing that she hath wings.

-Victor Hugo



If you want MORE quotes, check out my quote page at my web site, Coming Home, A Journey of Faith. (I also have archives)


0 comments:

 
Template by Divalicious Designs