Saturday, April 11, 2009

Quotable Sunday #10 Joy


Happy Easter and another round of quotable Sunday is here. Head over to A Daily Dose of Toni to check in with Mr. Linky (and read the rules if you're a newbie.) Give me some comment love and I will make sure to return the visit :)
This week my quotes are all about JOY. Hope you have a Blessed Easter and a wonderful week.




Joy is the best makeup.-Anne LaMott

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world. -Helen Keller


We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them-Kalil Gabran

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.-Thich Nhat Hanh

Joy is not in things; it is in us.-Richard Wagner

Joy is prayer-Joy is strength-Joy is love-Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.-Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round.-Ben Hogan

The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.-Jim Rohn

For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.-RalphWaldo Emerson

One joy scatters a hundred griefs. -Chinese Proverb


If you really like quotes, check out my main site. I have been collecting quotes for about ten years (sorry--it's doesn't have a search engine--maybe someday...but it has archives and lots of quotes...)












9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you quotes my fav. would be by Ben Hogan and Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Happy Easter

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!

MediMonsters said...

I love Emerson's. Thanks for sharing!

Msslaydbug said...

What a wonderful topic to choose for Easter Sunday ! Many of those quotes made me smile today. Thanks for sharing !

Unknown said...

Love One joy scatters a hundred griefs. -Chinese Proverb! Great quotes for today.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Excellent quotes, Shelley! My favorite one is:

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.-Thich Nhat Hanh

Hope you're having a very Happy Easter! :)

Unknown said...

I love the Chinese Proverb! So very true. Happy EAster.

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

I love the quote about one time to walk down the fairway of life!

Happy Easter!

Jan

I am Harriet said...

Happy Quotable Sunday.
I hope that you had a good one!

 
Template by Divalicious Designs